Wednesday, September 16, 2020

David Dephy

There Is Nothing Left But Heartbeat

 

When I was fourteen, I saw the wolf in forest.

I felt that there is not enough freedom.

I do not believe that anything will ever be enough.

Truth? I do not believe in truth,

that anything can recreate your childhood.

There is nothing left but heartbeat,

as if that wolf said to me: “Remember who

you are, and never ever let them see you fall.”



We Play Our Life

 

Our eyes are confidants of our solitude.

Still, these eyes touch vision and our body

is a foreign language addressing a foreign world.

I say, take a deep breath, my love. Let us embrace

unleafed silence as an old friend, perhaps then we shall

discover each other far on the other side of silence.

Fall touches fate’s basket hilt where all the wishes

are jumping through. We cannot remember what we knew,

but silence is a pleasure. Let me hold you. We play our life

to a different sound and a puzzle needs to be solved.

Leaves, confidants of our solitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don Kingfisher Campbell

Not the Fall My cellphone says It’s 106 degrees today Feels like 108 So 60 year old me Took the portable air conditioner Out of my daughter’...