Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Jackie Chou

Falling in Love


All they hear are my words,

reverberating in the therapy room,

an overplayed lullaby.


A friend once caught us

strolling down the street.

He's no toad, you know, she said,

an epiphany flickering in her eyes.


That's the point-

they wouldn't understand,

unless they laid eyes on him-


Adonis in real life, whose face 

is like the jagged mountains,

on which I walk.




Catcher in the Rye


I want to catch you

when you fall

feel proud

as the crowd watches

and applauds

live in the fantasy

of my glory

not the reality of my failures

be I a hero or coward

to think this way


Like Holden Caulfield

I roam across town

on a dining spree

finding solace

in the stale taste

of deli coffee and pastry

the indifference of strangers


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don Kingfisher Campbell

Not the Fall My cellphone says It’s 106 degrees today Feels like 108 So 60 year old me Took the portable air conditioner Out of my daughter’...