Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Radomir Vojtech Luza

I Committed Suicide Yesterday


A yes to my no

Mansion to my row

Too dark to grow


The fall came

Before the panic attack 

After the pill pack

Eating the street like meat


Sweeping rats under my pillow

Gargoyles with a willow


Blood spraying from my brain

Wisdom insane

Television no brain


I never was me

Just an excuse for an oak tree

A cactus times three



The Ride


I asked the psychiatrist

Who earlier told me his name was

James Bond 007


If the police cruiser was there for me

He said no


A few moments later I am in

Wrist and ankle cuffs in the backseat


Driving down the Causeway, at 26 miles,

The longest bridge in the country


The cops telling me to take my medication 

at Mandeville State Mental Hospital or I

Will never get out


I am as anxious as a guppy in

A school of sharks

A kindergartner on his first day


Not because I belong at Mandeville

But because I do not


The fall had begun precipitously

Soon, my beleaguered parents

Pulled-up in their 1986 green Oldsmobile Cutlass


The hurricane was now spinning

And I knew I would never be the same 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don Kingfisher Campbell

Not the Fall My cellphone says It’s 106 degrees today Feels like 108 So 60 year old me Took the portable air conditioner Out of my daughter’...